Type : Gangwong Province Monument No. 49
Title : PyeongChang Suhang-ri Temple Site
Classification : Temple Site
Designation Date : November 3, 1982.
Location : #143, Suhang-ri, Jinbu-myeon, PyeongChang-gun
Possessor : Privately-owned
Manager : Kim Ik-soo.
This place has been known as just a 'Suhang-ri temple site' for quite a long time. And when Myeongsun roof tiles, including the letters of "Taebaekgoksudasa" were unearthed in 1983, the venue was revealed to have been a site for Sudasa Temple, which was written in Samgukyusa, or the Memorabilia of the Three Kingdoms.
In literature, the Suhang-ri Temple Site had been appeared until the 2nd year of King Danjong in the Joseon Dynasty(1392-1910), a time when the "Sejongshilrokjiriji," a geography book of King Sejong was completed, but afterward, there were no records. So, the temple is construed to have existed until approximately 15th century.