Type : Gangwon Province Tangible Cultural Asset No. 101
Title : PyeongChang Hyanggyo(,or Confucian School)
Classification : Hyanggyo
Quantity : 1
Designation Date : Jun. 17, 1985.
Location : PyeongChang-gun 204, Ha-ri, PyeongChang-eup
Possessor : PyeongChang Hyanggyo
Manager : PyeongChang Hyanggyo
It was built by Choi Chang-min, Magistrate of PyeongChang-gun, in the 9th year of King Hyojong (1658), before being restored in the 5th year of King Youngjo (1729). However, the scale of the building is not recorded, nor does it convey the details of its history. The reconstruction of the building that had been deteriorated in the wake of the Korean War was initiated in 1954. Myeongryundang (a Lecture Hall) was demolished in March 1977 and reconstruction process was restarted in May 1986.